What's Cookin?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New little blog

So for the last year or so, I have been posting pictures of my cooking experiments on Facebook and have had some pretty positive feedback. Everything from "Oh that looks so good!" to "Um, what time is dinner?".

Rick knows we can't usually eat a meal until I have snapped a picture and captioned it for my friends. He has now even accepted that I will take several beauty shots with various lighting set ups with the SLR.

About a month ago, he finally asked me "so, why don't you start a food blog?"

I begin to list the many reasons why this is a bad idea..I am not a writer nor do I pretend to be. I am sure you can get that in just these few lines. But I started to think..why not? What is the worst that can happen? Maybe I shouldn't ask that!

Full disclosure - I am not a writer..I am not a professional cook. Up until about 6 years ago, my specialty was cheeseburger macaroni using leftover taco meat and Kraft cheese-glob. Food Network and my husbands Barnes & Noble addiction helped expand my culinary skills and cookbook collection.

I quite often make copycat recipes from local restaurants or take a recipe I found online and tweak it to fit my pantry.

So let's begin..

No comments:

Post a Comment