What's Cookin?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Did someone say Pie?




Let's just admit right here..I am not a baker. Remember the bit of this, pincha that? That is my cooking style so only rarely do I step out of my comfort zone to actually bake.

Tonight I decided to try a treat I have heard of down in the Keys...you know the place. Where wanton chocolate lust runs amuck! Amuck Amuck Amuck! Yes..only wanton chocolate lust runs down in the Keys..this is a family friendly blog!

One of my favorite pies is Publix Key Lime pie. Usually it is garnished with fresh whipped cream and occasionally with slivered almonds. One of my readers who acts as my editor (really, she just tells me if I make sense to normal people) tells me that making key lime pie is super easy..so that will be my new challenge! I really only make one kind of pie and that is a peanut butter silk and it is sorta a secret recipe..so I will need to think about posting that...but I digress.

The simplest was to make this slice of tropical heaven is to place a Popsicle stick or skewer in the back of a piece ..crust side and place in the freezer overnight. The freezer helps keep the pie from melting when the hot chocolate is poured over. In a double boiler, melt about a cup of the 70% bittersweet pieces for each piece (3 pieces of pie= 3c chips). If you don't like bittersweet, try the Nestle's Toll House Semi Sweet chips.

Dip or spoon chocolate over the piece, plate and refreeze for a tart/sweet treat.

I think I will try this with a Banana Cream Pie slice too, because chocolate and banana can't be bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment