What's Cookin?

Monday, September 27, 2010

Limey Marinated Skirt Steak

Remember when I raved about the skirt streak? How great it grilled? Well, I have been tweaking and pinchin again and I if it pleases you that are still listening to my food blabber..I present, Florida Keys Steak. Serve with Margarita, tortilla chips and guacamole

3tbsp fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
1tsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 jalapeƱo (ribs and seeds removed for less heat)
1.5 lbs of skirt steak
1 lime cut into wedges

In a blender, combine lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and jalapeno until smooth. Toss with steak and seal in a plastic bag inside baking dish to avoid leaks. Let rest for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 3 hours.

Heat grill to 400 and lay steak diagonal for 4 or 5 minutes. Turn at 90 half way thru. Flip over the steak and do the same thing to make the diamond pattern on the steak.

Remove from grill and allow to rest and have juices reabsorb into the meat..about 15 minutes.

Serve with yellow spanish rice and guacamole and salsa..I will have those receipes up very soon
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment